HR & Management
Student Recruitment Associate
Student Recruitment Associate Company Description Uncommon Schools (Uncommon) Un
Position: Recruitment Associate
Salary: $15.00 per hour
Type: Full Time
Location: New York City,
Uncommon Schools (Uncommon) Uncommon Schools is a nonprofit network of high-performing public schools that are
increasing the academic achievement of historically under-resourced communities and preparing students for success in
college and beyond. Uncommon currently manages 54 schools serving more than 20,000 students in six cities: Boston,
Camden, New York City, Newark, Rochester, and Troy. We have achieved outstanding academic results based on internal
assessments, statewide exams, and graduation milestones. Job Description
Uncommon Schools NYC is seeking a Student Recruitment Associate to assist in supporting with student recruitment for
Uncommon Schools in New York City. Uncommon Schools is a non-profit organization that starts and manages outstanding
urban charter public schools that close the achievement gap and prepare low-income students to graduate from college.
We will be recruiting students on behalf of our 24 schools for the 2019-2020 school year.
1. Assists the Uncommon Schools New York City Team in developing and implementing a well- coordinated admissions
process for Uncommon Schools. Duties include:
· Managing the student recruitment phone line, fax line, and email address.
· Inputting applications into an online database.
· Monitoring an online database of applications for accuracy.
· Coordinating applicant follow-up to ensure all applications are complete.
· Maintaining paper files.
· Sending application receipts.
2. Supports the Uncommon Schools New York City Team with community outreach and follow-up.
· Canvassing neighborhoods with flyers and information regarding our application.
· Contacting local organizations and businesses to distribute flyers.
· Supporting information sessions.
3. Performs other related duties as required and assigned. Qualifications
1. Required knowledge, skills & abilities:
· Belief in the mission of Uncommon Schools.
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
· Excellent attention to detail, with strong follow-through skills. Excellent organization and time management; high sense
of urgency; demonstrated ability to successfully handle multiple projects concurrently; ability to work independently.
· Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel.
· Spanish language proficiency strongly preferred.
2. Minimum educational level:
· Bachelor’s degree
· $15 per hour, working 40 hours per week.
· January 15th, 2020 – May 1st, 2020
Uncommon Schools offers salaries commensurate with experience and a very generous benefits and vacation package.
All staff members receive extensive professional development, and are equipped with a laptop computer and all
Uncommon believes in the importance of being a diverse, equitable and inclusive organization that enables our students
and staff to thrive. We are committed to building a talented team that reflects the diverse backgrounds and experiences
of our students. At the same time, we work to ensure an inclusive community through creating a space for meaningful
dialogue about issues of race and identity for our staff and students. As an equal opportunity employer, we hire without
consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status