Legal & Paralegal
Public Sector Cloud Consultant (HCM) – Application Services
Public Sector Cloud Consultant (HCM) – Application Services Entry-level consul
Type: Full Time
Entry-level consulting position for those who are new to professional services and are developing their expertise. Receives
detailed instruction on routine work and on new projects or assignments.
As a member of a project team, follows standard practices and procedures to analyze situations/data and provide quality
work products to deliver functional and technical solutions on applications and technology installations. Work involves
some problem solving with assistance and guidance in understanding and applying relevant Oracle methodologies and
practices with limited autonomy. Implements Oracle products and technology in various industries to meet customer
0 to 2 years of experience relevant to a functional or technical role. Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience
preferred. Product or technical expertise relevant to practice focus. Demonstrates basic competence in one product or
technology area. Ability to communicate effectively and build rapport with team members and clients. Ability to travel as
Oracle is an Affirmative Action-Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration
for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability,
protected veterans status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Title: Public Sector Cloud Consultant – Application Services - Austin, TX - Associate Consultant
Location: Austin, TX
Motivated? Like Challenges? Enjoy Working in Teams? How about a Consulting Career with Oracle?
For the last 25 years, Oracle has led the database and applications software market. The largest corporations and
governments in the world use our market-leading products. Oracle employees enjoy competitive salaries, excellent health
benefits, and a network of like-minded co-workers that drive innovation across the entire technology industry. For more
information visit .
Oracle Consulting is a critical element of Oracle’s solution. We offer a unique focus on Oracle-based applications and
technology initiatives by combining leading expertise, broad coverage, global scale, and flexible delivery. Oracle
Consulting functions as the focal point of customer relationships with Oracle Product Development, Oracle Support, Oracle
University, and other related business and technology partners. For more information visit: .
The Program and Training
As a Public Sector Cloud Consultant, you will work as a member of a project team to solve business and technical
problems for our clients. You will follow standard practices and procedures to analyze situations/data and provide quality
work products to deliver functional cloud solutions.
You will participate in a development program focused on building your foundational consulting skills and mastering them.
Your initial training consists of a multi-week, comprehensive program in Austin, TX where new hires begin to learn
consultative skills and dive deeply into Oracle solutions. This serves as the base of your new hire learning, and provides
you with the tools to make an instant impact as part of a highly collaborative consulting delivery team.
The Public Sector Cloud Consultant role is challenging, exciting, and will test your ability to quickly master business
process knowledge, strategic thinking capabilities, and interpersonal skills. You will be provided with tools, raw data,
training, coaching, and people resources to help drive success. You will be a strategic member of the consulting team,
acting as a central hub for delivery of our SaaS (Software as a Service) solutions. Additionally, you will provide functional
support for project leads in the delivery of Oracle’s Cloud ERP (Financials and Procurement) and Human Capital
· Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, Human Resource Management, Supply Chain,
Operations Management, Information Technology, Management Information Systems, or related area of study
· 2 - 5 years of experience relevant to a functional or technical role in the following areas:finance, back office operations,
recruiting, procurement, human resources, or payroll
· Work involves some problem solving with assistance and guidance in understanding and applying relevant Oracle
methodologies and practices with limited autonomy
· Strong technical aptitude, understands modern applications
· Self starter, confident, driven with strong organizational skills
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to build rapport
· Ability to travel as needed onsite or deliver solutions remotely (estimated travel 10 – 25%)
· Work with project leaders to gain understanding of customer goals, expectations, and challenges
· Understand necessary customer business requirements for configuring, testing, and documenting cloud solutions
· Consistently report progress on execution of assigned tasks in accordance with quality and time allocation
· Follow appropriate methodologies to accomplish assigned work product; consistently utilize Oracle leading practices and
remain in compliance with all project standards
· Identify issues associated with assigned tasks; take initiative to proactively alert team lead(s) of any issues
· Obtain necessary reviews and approvals of work products as completed
· Document work products in a method that can be easily understood and is reproducible
· Build an understanding of and leverage Oracle methodologies, tools and leading practices
· Become familiar with and leverage various Oracle tools (e.g., Oracle systems, knowledge base, professional
communities and training courses)
· Promote knowledge by sharing lessons learned or new skills with team members
How do I Apply?
To be considered for this role, please formally apply to this vacancy.
Getting to Know You
As part of Oracle’s standard employment process, candidates will undergo a complete background check prior to an offer
being extended. These background checks are conducted by a professional third party firm at no charge to the applicant
and include: prior employment verification, education verification, social security trace, criminal background check and
motor vehicles records (where required for position).
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected
veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.