IT & Web & SQA
Lead Data Scientist
Lead Data Scientist Company Description Digitas is The Connected Marketing Agenc
Position: Data Scientist
Salary: $136,500-154,000 per year
Type: Full Time
Location: New York City,
Digitas is The Connected Marketing Agency, committed to helping brands better connect with people through Truth.
Connection. Wonder. With diverse expertise in data, strategy, creative, media, and tech, we work across capabilities and
continents to make better connections and achieve ambitious outcomes through ideas that excite, provoke and inspire.
Curious and fully transparent, we are always examining real human behavior to create authentic connections—between
brands and consumers, clients and partners, and ideas and outcomes. Digitas has 3,300 employees across 12 countries
and 24 offices, with an extended network via Publicis Media of over 23,500 employees present in more than 100 countries
worldwide. To connect with Digitas or learn more, visit www.digitas.com
Digitas is an equal opportunity employer. Job Description
Data & Analysis – Lead Data Scientist
Digitas is a highly-caffeinated playground where brilliant minds come together to bring bold, award-winning ideas to life.
The Data & Analysis team uses data-driven insights to fuel strategic growth for clients. We believe that data should never
exist in a vacuum; instead, it should be put to work to bring the best ideas and stories to our clients.
Digitas’ Data Science practice sits within our DNA (Data & Analysis) capability, and develops industry-leading analytical
solutions for clients across industries, channels and business functions. We apply a bespoke and cutting-edge arsenal of
statistical, analytical and computing techniques to complex data problems at scale, with an emphasis on game-changing
—and measureable—business impact. We work in close collaboration with colleagues across all agency disciplines to
develop truly innovative, highly effective, data-powered solutions for our clients.
To help with this, we’re looking for an outstanding Lead Data Scientist – an experienced problem solver and passionate
evangelist of all things data, including the latest and greatest in methods, technologies and applications. Sound like you?
What you’ll do:
Our Data Scientists deliver analytic solutions across a wide variety of client applications. We build inferential and
predictive models, including machine learning algorithms and AI; we process, integrate and manipulate big data with
distributed systems and customer data pipelines; we synthesize results and translate findings into compelling stories that
resonate with clients.
As a Lead Data Scientist, you are our internal expert. You’ll develop and implement multi-faceted solutions for complex
marketing and business challenges—from cross-channel media and customer experience optimization to segmentation,
targeting and business strategy—synthesizing just the right elements of our technical and analytical offerings.
Day-to-day, your role includes:
· Owning end-to-end analytical projects involving data engineering, data mining, data modeling, and business strategy.
· Providing Internal expertise in fundamental skill areas such as statistical methods, machine learning, AI, distributed
computing, and open-source programming.
· Providing thought leadership and innovation in process, technique, and implementation.
· Collaborating with internal and external stakeholders to establish clear analytical objectives, approaches and timelines.
· Summarizing, visualizing, communicating and documenting analytic concepts, processes and results for technical and
· Sharing knowledge, debating techniques, and conducting research to advance the collective knowledge and skills of our
Data Science practice.
We’re looking for rigorous analytic training and 7+ years professional experience in a data science or analytics role, which
· Robust domain expertise in areas of statistical methods, machine learning, AI, distributed computing, and/or open-
source programming languages
· Experience integrating a variety of data sources, methods, and applications to achieve specific objectives
· Experience implementing a range of statistical or machine learning methods, from basic descriptive statistics,
hypothesis testing and feature transformation to complex dimension reduction, supervised or unsupervised learning, and
model tuning and validation.
· Proficiency in Python or R, SQL, and distributed computing systems such as Hadoop or AWS. Familiarity with Linux and/or
· Demonstrated ability to communicate complex technical concepts to non-technical audiences
· Demonstrated passion for marketing analytical applications
· Demonstrated self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced environment with flat structure.
Got what it takes? We’d love to hear from you.
Digitas is an equal opportunity employer. Qualifications
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.