Marine Lead Drive Engineer
Marine Lead Drive Engineer Organization: Government Services Business Unit: Gove
Position: Drive Engineer
Type: Full Time
Organization: Government Services
Business Unit: Government Services
Requisition Number: 237693
Primary Location: United States-Georgia-Alpharetta
Other Locations: United States--
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor’s Degree
Travel Required: No
Siemens Government Technologies, Inc. is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Siemens, uniquely qualified to perform work for the
U.S. Government. We are focused on enhancing the safety and security of the nation’s assets and infrastructure, as well as
assisting to improve operational and energy performance.
As an independent U.S. company with its own Board of Directors, SGT maintains a unique relationship with Siemens. We
are able to leverage resources of professionals world-wide with demonstrated domain expertise and proven past
performance to manage large-scale, mission critical programs. The future of SGT is bright. By integrating world-class
people, process, products and technology, SGT is expanding its role as an important part of our nation’s security.
We offer a highly competitive compensation and benefits package, along with the opportunity to grow your career with a
For more information, please visit:
Siemens is in search of a Senior Engineer experienced in creating Adjustable Speed Drive solutions for the Commercial and
Navy marine industry.
The engineer who takes this position will create, implement, and commission solutions using Siemens power, drives,
motors, and industry technology portfolio to satisfy industrial customer requirements. Our integrated solutions combine
PLC control with industrial power and drive systems to provide higher level control and coordination. The engineer will be
supported by leading global standards, products, and technical experts and an experienced local project team. Our team of
experts, proposal managers, business development managers, project managers, and field service personnel routinely
collaborate to successfully execute projects and address customer needs.
A successful engineer will be able to take a project from the proposal phase through commissioning, addressing customer
concerns about design, performance, installation, commissioning, and maintenance across the whole distribution and drive
train. As with any drive system both electrical (power quality, dynamic controller performance, etc.) and mechanical
(cooling, gearboxes/couplings, etc.) areas are of high priority. Depending on the project the engineer could be closely
collaborating with lead, power and automation engineers to execute an integrated scope or working independently on a
drivetrain focused project. When in the field, the engineer will be expected to commission and troubleshoot drive systems
and/or supervise this work onsite. As a technical expert at Siemens the engineer will be counted on to resolve challenging
technical problems and represent Siemens to the customer.
· Execute customized integrated power and electrical propulsion system solutions independently using local and global
design standards, industry standards and engineering best practices.
· Develop new solutions and standardize them for use across our Engineering team.
· Stay up to date on the latest industrial solutions and new product developments within Siemens to maintain top-notch
skills and knowledge.
· Provide engineering support for Proposal, Sales, PM, Manufacturing, Field Service and Quality Assurance groups from sales
through execution, commissioning, and service.
· Interface directly to project customers to answer questions, resolve comments, and present Siemens solutions.
· Prepare project-specific documentation (system and functional descriptions, test and commissioning procedures, etc.).
· Collaborate with CAD specialists and design engineers to prepare project-specific drawing packages.
· Technically approve internal and external subcontractor products and solutions to ensure industry and customer
requirements are satisfied.
· Must be a United States Citizen with no dual citizenship, ties to another country, foreign visas or passports or work visas.
· Minimum BS in Electrical Engineering or equivalent
· Eight (8) to ten (10) years of Marine Industry Experience with power systems and electrical machines
· Knowledge of integrated power and electric propulsion system design.
· Knowledge of marine industry approval society standards and requirements.
· Low Voltage and Medium Voltage Drive Experience.
· Strong organization and excellent time management.
· Strong verbal and written English communication, with the ability to effectively communicate with all levels of personnel.
· Strong computer background - both productivity and industrial software. Competent in the use of electrical engineering
· PLC/HMI programming and configuration experience.
· Knowledge of SINAMICS drives and S7 PLCs.
· Field service or Commissioning background a plus.
Candidate must be US citizen with the ability to obtain a US Government Security Clearance based on requirements set
forth by the US Government