Family Support Assistant
Family Support Assistant Company Description Looking to make a difference in a c
Position: Support Assistant
Salary: $13.78 per hour
Type: Full Time
Looking to make a difference in a child’s life? Here are just five reasons to join the Easterseals Child Development Centers
Early Childhood Education is a growing field
You will support the personal, academic and social development of a child
You will stand as a role model to young children
No day on the job is ever the same
You have a passion for early education
Must be bilingual Spanish Job Description
SYNOPSIS OF DUTIES:
Under close supervision, assist in facilitating staff, family, community and parent activities. Provide clerical support to
Content Area Expert. Assist in the integration of all Department of Education, Head Start and Early Head Start service
areas into community development.
1. Assist in the completion and maintain up-to-date records for each enrolled family.
2. Input specific Content Area information into Child Outcome Planning and Administration (COPA) database system.
3. Assist in the implementation of Center Base Family Plan activities with other organizations, agencies or individuals
involved in providing services to the family. Assist in recruitment/enrollment for expectant parents, infants, toddlers and
their families into Head Start, Early Head Start and Department of Education.
4. Assist in implementing Head Start Performance Standards, policies and procedures and Easter Seals Southern California
(ESSC) standards of conduct.
5. Provide resources, information and/or referrals for Center Base families in the following areas: mental health, education,
health needs, nutrition and other topics requested by family.
6. Other duties as assigned. Qualifications
1. A minimum of one year clerical experience.
2. Possession of pediatric (infant/toddler) CPR and first aid certificate.
3. Possession of valid Food Handlers Certification.
4. Knowledge of Microsoft Office and other related computer software. Knowledge of COPA preferred.
5. A minimum of one year experience supporting and coordinating parent involvement, resources, families’ goals and
6. Experience planning and implementing activities for an agency or organization.
7. Experience developing rapport with diverse families of very young children.
8. Ability to communicate effectively, through oral and written skills, and work cooperatively with a variety of individuals,
groups and families.
9. Exercise sound judgment, plan, establish and meet timelines.
10. Ability to follow regulations, policies and procedures of Head Start Performance Standard, the California Department of
Education, Funding Terms and Conditions (Title 5), Child Development Division, the Department of Social Services,
Community Care Licensing (Title 22), and of ESSC, Inc.
11. Ability to stand for extended periods. Ability to lift 40 lbs continuously. Ability to reach, bend, stoop and squat. Possess
fine manual dexterity, can push, pull, talk/hear, with near and far visual acuity/depth perception/color vision/field of vision.
12. Ability to pass post-offer medical examination and test for tuberculosis.
13. Ability to obtain fingerprint clearance per Easter Seals Southern California and/or program requirements.
14. Ability to travel locally, maintain driving record in compliance with Transportation Safety Standards, proper auto
insurance and vehicle registration.
Comprehensive benefits for qualified associates includes:
Employee Assistance Program
Flexible Spending Accounts