Child Care Director
Child Care Director The Child Care Director is a part of our Senior Leadership T
Salary: $47,000-59,000 per year
Type: Full Time
The Child Care Director is a part of our Senior Leadership Team, responsible for leading a NAEYC Accredited staff. The
Director will continue the center’s high quality early learning curriculum and Level 4 Paths to Quality Rating in the State of
Indiana, while implementing Conscious Discipline.
· The Child Care Director shall be a minimum of 21 years of age and shall meet one of the following minimum education
and experience qualifications:
· A bachelor degree from an accredited college or university in early childhood education or elementary education with a
kindergarten endorsement and grades of C or better.
· Any bachelor degree must include one of the following:
· 15 credit hours in college-level courses with documented content relating to the needs, skills, development, or teaching
methods of children six years of age or younger and grades of C or better.
· A CDA (Child Development Associate certificate)
· A two-year associate’s degree in early childhood education from an accredited college or university, with a grade of C or
better and a minimum of 3 years’ experience in an early childhood program.
· Lead and manage daily operations of a licensed child care facility; including before and after school care, summer camp,
infant and toddler care and full-day preschool. Licensed capacity is 193 children.
· Directly responsible for the day to day safety and well being of all children enrolled in the program.
· Responsible for budget preparation and compliance.
· Recruitment, development and supervision of all Learning Center staff.
· Maintain files, records and statistical data.
· Ensure appropriate staffing coverage with qualified teachers, assistants, kitchen and custodial staff.
· Execute sound administration and management in order to increase program quality and sustainability; promote financial
accountability and viability.
· Sustaining our NAEYC accreditation and Level 4 Paths to Quality rating, demonstrate compliance with applicable laws,
regulations, licensure, and accreditation standards.
· Develop and maintain connections with stakeholders to increase the ability of the program to grow and thrive.
· Develop and promote good community relations among local schools and organizations.
Cause-Driven Leadership® Competencies
Mission Advancement: Models and teaches the Ys values. Ensures a high level of service with a commitment to changing
lives. Provides volunteers with orientation, training, development, and recognition. Cultivates relationships to support fund-
Collaboration: Champions inclusion activities, strategies, and initiatives. Builds relationships to create small communities.
Empathetically listens and communicates for understanding when negotiating and dealing with conflict. Effectively tailors
communications to the appropriate audience. Provides staff with feedback, coaching, guidance and support.
Operational Effectiveness: Provides others with frameworks for making decisions. Conducts prototypes to support the
launching of programs and activities. Develops plans and manages best practices through engagement of team. Effectively
creates and manages budgets. Holds staff accountable for high-quality results using a formal process to measure progress.
Personal Growth: Shares new insights. Facilitates change; models adaptability and an awareness of the impact of change.
Utilizes non-threatening methods to address sensitive issues and inappropriate behavior or performance. Has the
functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date
knowledge and skills in technology.
Willingness to pursue YMCA Team Leadership Certification
Salary $47,000.00 - $59,000.00