Manufacturing & QA
CNC Operator Komatsu is an indispensable partner to the construction, mining, in
Position: CNC Operator
Salary: $28.00 per hour
Type: Full Time
Komatsu is an indispensable partner to the construction, mining, industrial and forestry industries that maximizes value for
customers through innovative solutions. With a full line of products supported by our advanced IoT technologies, regional
distribution channels and a global service network, we help customers safely and sustainably optimize their operations.
Our Komatsu, P&H, Joy, Montabert, Modular Mining Systems, Hensley Industries, NTC and Gigaphoton equipment and
services are used to extract fundamental minerals and develop modern infrastructure.
Seeking an experienced machinist to set up and operate CNC lathe machines to manufacture a part (gear) from raw
material. This is an off shift position-- 2nd or 3rd shift.
(1) Check dispatch list and follow top job on list.
(2) Check router, verify revisions on all part drawings and program on the machine.
(3) Set up the machine per the set-up sheet with proper tooling.
(4) Boring jaws in order to hold run out.
(4) Load the part on the machine.
(5) Run the part to the part drawings specifications. Edit speeds and feeds as needed, and program as needed.
(6) Set all necessary gages and inspect and ensure parts are to print. Document as required.
(7) Remove the part from the machine and place in properly designated container.
(8) Make out a move ticket to send the part to the next operation. Move parts as necessary. Update unproven programs.
(9) Obeys all safety rules, wears proper PPE, and performs housekeeping functions.
(10) Refer to Best Practices manual for further direction.
(11) Perform all daily TPM activities as required.
(12) Assist engineers and supervision to make improvements to parts, methods, fixturing and work place organization for
SAFETY AND ENVIROMENT
Complies with Komatsu safety policies and applicable government, customer or industry regulations or requirements.
Responsibility to identify and report any unsafe work condition, workplace incident or near miss.
Maintains hand tools and equipment to ensure safe operation.
Maintains orderly workshop and ensures housekeeping requirements are met.
Education / Qualification
High school diploma/GED
Competitive pay starting at $28/hr.
Retirement Plans, 401k Match
Medical, dental and vision plans for individuals, spouses and families
Flexible Spending Accounts
Paid vacation, personal days and holidays
Personal financial, mental health and wellness programs
Fitness & Gym Reimbursement
Additionally, please note: There is no guarantee of shift, this is a unionized shop. Training often takes place on 1st shift.
Must successfully pass background check, pre-employment physical and drug/alcohol testing. Moderate physical demand
required, continuous lifting or moving light weight to moderate weight materials.
This position description is for informational purposes only. It does not constitute or imply an employment contract
between Komatsu Mining and any employee or applicant; nor is it intended to be representative or inclusive of all assigned
tasks (current and/or future).
Drive for Results
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to
race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.