Arch & Engineering
Network Engineer BGP Cisco vacancy
Network Engineer BGP Cisco BGP Networking on Cisco gear As a network engineer yo
Position: Network Engineer
Salary: $45.00 per hour
Type: Full Time
BGP Networking on Cisco gear
As a network engineer you will design, build, deploy, and maintain infrastructure management and automation
solutions of varying size and complexity. Provide onsite and remote support to our colleagues who have critical
response time requirements for their healthcare technology systems. Work independently and as part of a team to
answer service calls, urgently analyze technical issues, address tier two escalations, work with the project manager
on team related projects, and troubleshoot over the phone/onsite/via remote access.
1. BGP Networking on Cisco Gear
Support and maintain existing WAN and LAN connectivity, including routers, switches
2. Support and maintain existing wireless infrastructure
3. Participates in network architecture planning for network services
4. Support and maintain remote access solutions
5. Develop and maintain monitoring metrics to assure optimal network performance and ongoing improvement
6. Perform wired and wireless network assessments and audits
8. Participate in the administration and maintenance of the remote monitoring and management system: update
agent scripts, respond to alerts, monitor dashboard, and periodic system review
9. Communication with colleagues and leadership as required: keeping them informed of incident progress, notifying
them of impending changes or agreed outages
10. Be available for other engineers and coach them to resolution
11. Other duties as assigned.
1. Proficiency in reading, writing, comprehending and speaking English as required for business necessity.
2. Must possess basic skills to use Microsoft Office, specialized software and electronic office equipment.
4. Develop and maintain a standard network architecture.
5. Document maintenance for all network infrastructure, including UPS equipment
6. In-depth knowledge of Cisco NX-OS and Cisco IOS with hands-on experience configuring Cisco routers, switches
7. Successfully demonstrate the skills required to secure and manage network infrastructures to protect productivity,
mitigate security threats, and reduce costs
8. Firewall experience including TCP/IP filtering, NAT, and statefull inspection
9. In-depth knowledge of BGP and OSPF routing protocols
10. Ability to apply both critical and systematic thinking to network incident resolution and root cause investigation
License, Certification, Education or Experience:
REQUIRED for the position:
BGP Networking on Cisco gear
Bachelor’s degree in technical and/or business related field or the equivalent combination of education and
Minimum of 4 years’ experience in a network engineering/support position.
Strong attention to detail and process.
Ability to prioritize workloads and deliver timely resolutions.
Self-starter with the ability to see projects to completion.
Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills conducive to team development.
Dependable, flexible, and willing to work in a 24/7 environment (Rotational Shifts).
Cisco Routing (OSPF, BGP)
WAN Technology (MPLS, VPN)
Cisco ASA firewalls
Cisco CCNA/CCNP or equivalent experience
BGP configured to announce his ASN with his assigned IP block out two
ISPs. He should be able do do that with his current Cisco gear."
Scenario: Customer has /24 block from vendor and a /27 block from Comcast
(both fiber) and anticipating Comcast will be cut during a remodeling of
next door facility. They stream Content from HQ and have people connecting
to several of their public IP’s.
Duration: 1 week assignment possibly more.
Rate: $45 per hour
*Contact is directly with the founders and managers for hire. No other parties are allowed
We do not collect, store, or transmit personal information about our customers