Position: Automobile Technician
Salary: $30,000-120,000 per year
Type: Full Time
Location: Tucson, AZ
Purpose & Objective:
The Technician role is a very important role at the company, as it completes the repairs and services that the sales
team sells. In addition to actually producing the work sold on customer vehicles, this role also performs the vital task
of inspecting vehicles to find repairs and services that are needed on a customer’s vehicles which the sales team will
sell to customers.
Job Responsibilities and Duties:
● Accurately completing services and repairs on customer’s vehicles: Technicians are expected to be experts in their
craft and are expected to complete services and repairs with excellence, integrity, precision, and extreme care.
● Partner with office staff to deliver on company sales goals with integrity: Technicians are expected to inspect each
vehicle and quote any needed repairs and services to each customer. At times, technicians will be asked to work
directly with customers to explain the condition of the vehicle and answer questions the customer may have about
their needed services or repairs.
● Quality control: perform quality control for fellow technicians and cleaning on vehicles if general service tech is
unable, all in accordance with company procedures.
● Cleaning & prep: assist in keeping shop area clean, safe, free of debris and other hazards.
Additional responsibilities and duties may be necessary based on the needs of the business.
Must possess the following qualifications, knowledge, skills, and abilities:
● Must possess a valid US driver’s license, be insurable on shop insurance policy, and possess the ability to drive a
vehicle with passengers.
● Must have at least 1 year of practical experience working as a technician in an automobile repair facility.
● Advanced knowledge of passenger automobile workings and systems.
● Advanced knowledge and skill in passenger automobiles diagnostics including using a diagnostic tree, performing
testing procedures to discover the cause (and repairs needed) to correct a customer’s complaint.
● Advanced knowledge, ability and skill in performing mechanical repairs and services on passenger automobiles
including removing and reinstalling of parts, and doing service procedures.
● Knowledge and skill of how to perform a thorough inspection on a passenger automobile for the purpose of finding
service and repairs needed based on the miles and condition of the vehicle.
● Ability to clearly communicate in English with others verbally and in various written forms. Ability to communicate
in written form both with hand-written communication and typed communication.
● Ability and knowledge of how to use a computer and diagnostic tools to diagnose vehicles, look up repair
instructions, and access Customer Management Software. This includes the ability to view a monitor, and use touch
screens mice and keyboards.
● Ability to lift more than 50lbs without assistance
● Ability be able to stand for periods of up to 60 min at a time.
● Skilled and able to perform basic counting and math.
● Ability to perform major and fine motor skill movements using body to perform the necessary actions to complete a
repair, service, vehicle inspection, or shop cleaning activity. This also includes the ability to reach overhead, push,
pull, bend down, stoop, and other major body movements.
Note: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or
responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be
assigned at any time with or without notice.
13 days PTO. IRA. Healthcare contribution. Paid training. Modern facility with top shelf equipment. Heated & air
conditioned break/meeting room. No weekends. Pay DOE
*Contact is directly with the founders and managers for hire. No other parties are allowed
We do not collect, store, or transmit personal information about our customers